Every cat owner knows how picky cats are when it comes to choosing their favorite food. Because of that, cat parents may not suspect that their finicky eater will try some plant that even doesn’t smell good. In reality, cats eat greenery when they want to let go of digestive problems caused by a hairball. Sometimes, cats may ingest a part of the poisonous plant if they lack a proper type of greenery. To answer the question―what plants are dangerous for your cat―veterinarians from Eastshore Vet, the best veterinary hospital in Branford, gives us the following list.
Plants That Are Highly Poisonous for Your Cat:• Lilies• Autumn Crocus• Dracaena• Rhododendron• Daffodils• Cyclamen• Azalea• Amaryllis• Kalanchoe• Tulip• OleanderWhat Parts of the Plants Are the Most Dangerous for Cats?
Some plants represent a real threat for cats in every single part. For example, Lilies as the most dangerous flower that your cat may ingest may endanger them by its petals, leaves, and even pollen. Some cats may swallow toxic substance from Lilies just by licking their fur after accidentally touching the plant.What Cats Are at Risk?
Every cat is at risk from poisoning by ingesting toxic material from the suspicious plant. However, indoor cats that lack stimulation and kittens usually fall as victims. For that reason, remove all potentially threatening plants from your home and your garden if you have a cat, especially a young and curious one. For indoor cats, provide them with a lot of toys and play with them whenever you can.How to Prevent Your Cat from Eating a Dangerous Plant?
The first thing you want to do is to remove all the plants from a cat’s environment that may affect her badly. Moreover, grow cat grass for your indoor cats to enable her to cope easier with hairballs. In this way, you will eliminate the opportunity to reach out to poisonous plant when she wants to chew on grass and soothe her digestive system.If Your Cat Ingests a Poisonous Plant, What Should You Do?
According to feline experts, when a cat swallows a dangerous plant or some of its parts—it is emergency. Take your cat to your closest vet immediately. Time is a crucial factor in saving your cat in this case. Bring a sample of the plant with you or the vomiting liquid. It will help your vet to better identify the problem and give the most beneficial treatment.